The Miller Health Experience reflects the knowledge , experience and wisdom of Doreen’s life-long career as a leading consultant occupational physician working with notable businesses and organisations in the UK and abroad. She and her team are now offering a strong new proactive dimension to traditional and reactive occupational health service delivery in order to provide employers with the tools to identify the root causes of sickness absence and thereby the true symptoms of ill health and poor performance at work.
In brief summary, here are some of the highlights of Doreen’s professional journey:
- Trained and qualified as a doctor at Guy’s Hospital in London, one of the UK’s top teaching hospitals;
- After initially working as a GP in London, she saw the need to help sick employees get back to work quickly and decided to specialise in Occupational Medicine leading to her commencing a career of over 20 years with Marks & Spencer which led finally to her appointment as Chief Medical Officer.
- Appointed a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and a Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine;
- She became sought after to fill numerous influential honorary appointments and receive professional awards including:
- Member of the Government’s Health of the Nation Task Force on ‘Health Promotion in the Workplace’;
- Sedgwick Prize for outstanding services to Occupational Medicine;
- Registrar of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians;
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development Working Party on Occupational Health;
- Visiting Professor at the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University Department of Public Health;
- Senior Mental Health Fellow in Occupational Mental Health at the Faculty of Occupational Medicine;
- Visiting Professor at the School of Management, Cranfield University.